Physical Education Teacher
Veritas Christian Academy is hiring for the 2023-24 school year! We are seeking a physical education/health teacher for the ‘23-’24 school year. All of our faculty have a testimony of deep faith in Christ, demonstrated talent in the teaching profession and a strong desire to serve this generation of young people in a setting of peace, safety, wholeness and hope.
Details of this position include:
- Health Class Goals
- To teach healthy living
- Importance of an active lifestyle
- How physical health affects mental health
- How the body works
- PE Goals
- Moving PE/Health to the next level, pursuing lifetime fitness beyond athletics.
- Excellent classroom management
- 4-year student growth in fitness taken seriously, yet including an element of enjoyment
- Healthy, godly competition is encouraged, with others and with yourself.
- Helping students extend the motivation and discipline acquired through physical training into the classroom and real life.
- Participation in National Physical Fitness awards programs TBD.
- Timely, accurate reporting of planning and grades.
- Excellent regular communication with parents and students.
- Requirements include:
- Attendance at New Employee onboarding required (August 2023 at Veritas).
- Required attendance at regular faculty meetings, usually right after school.
- Additional time investment expected as feasible
- After school events as needed, ad hoc student counseling, selected faculty meetings, Lion Camp Annual retreat support, etc.
- Reports to the Assistant Principal
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a clear national background check.
- Health Insurance is not offered due to the position being below the minimum hour/week threshold.
- All teaching blocks are in-person i.e. the Instructor must be present on campus to complete their tasks as well as to be available to assist with other issues that arise.
- All part-time faculty are required to be in their classroom at least 5–10 minutes before class begins, to prepare and to greet the students, and to remain for 5–10 minutes after the class is dismissed, for clean up and student help as needed.
- Adherence to the Employee Expectations (separate sheet), Statement of Faith (see website) and all contractual obligations.
- All Veritas employees serve under annual contracts, renewable via work performance to standard.
Apply here to become a part of the incredible team that God is assembling at Veritas! Please email email@example.com for more information.
Full-Time and Part-Time Teachers
Veritas Christian Academy is hiring for the 2023-24 school year! Our High School is looking for those who would be willing to be substitute teachers for the ‘23-’24 school year.
All of our faculty have a testimony of deep faith in Christ, demonstrated talent in the teaching profession and a strong desire to serve this generation of young people in a setting of peace, safety, wholeness and hope.
This is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor of our dynamic vision for Christian Education in the tri-state region, where a river of graduates are pursuing true success and walking out their faith in the real world.
At Veritas we deliver genuine spiritual formation, strong leadership training, award-winning extra-curriculars and rigorous worldview academics, where we immerse every subject area in the timeless Truth, values and virtues of the Word and Spirit of God. We are committed to training our students to stand strong, alone if necessary, for the Gospel and the Kingdom of God in a complex and chaotic world.
Apply here to become a part of the incredible team that God is assembling at Veritas!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Teacher requirements include:
- Evidence a vital personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrate experience in teaching the Bible to young people.
- Be a member in good standing of a Bible-believing local church.
- Believe, live and teach that the 66 books of the Holy Bible are God's word, and are inspired by Him, without error, true, reliable and authoritative.
- Hold to a centrally orthodox interpretation of the Bible, approaching it from a historically evangelical literary, theological and cultural framework.
- Have a deep knowledge and understanding of the Bible, lived out through practical experience.
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in subject area.
- Hold or be eligible for attaining an ACSI teaching certification.
- Communicate well in all mediums.
- Evidence mastery of relevant personal and educational technology.
- Collaborate well with others and resolve conflict Biblically.
- Evidence a character that is beyond reproach.
- Be willing to agree, without reservation, to the Veritas Statement of Faith, Community Covenant and Lifestyle Statement.
- Be willing to teach face to face, on-site.
- Be able to inspire young people who come from various backgrounds and perspectives toward loving and following Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrate mastery in motivating and helping students pursue intellectual as well as spiritual growth.
Candidates desiring to be considered for this fulfilling and challenging position should email their resume, three professional references and three personal references to Donna Bentson.
Other Resources for Candidates
Overview of Veritas Christian Academy »
Our Goals for Veritas Christian Academy »