Part-Time Secondary Science Teacher
The Secondary Science Teacher is responsible for leading students to grow in their understanding and knowledge of scientific skills, attitudes, concepts and factual knowledge.
The open positions include 9th grade Biology and 11th grade Environmental Science. This is a part-time teaching position, requiring a total of 5 hours per week for each course
- Evidence a vital personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrate experience in teaching the Bible to young people.
- Be a member in good standing of a Bible-believing local church.
- Believe, live and teach that the 66 books of the Holy Bible are God's word, and are inspired by Him, without error, true, reliable and authoritative.
- Hold to a centrally orthodox interpretation of the Bible, approaching it from a historically evangelical literary, theological and cultural framework.
- Have a deep knowledge and understanding of the Bible, lived out through practical experience.
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Science, Education or a related field.
- Hold or be eligible for attaining an ACSI teaching certification.
- Communicate well in all mediums.
- Evidence mastery of relevant personal and educational technology.
- Collaborate well with others and resolve conflict Biblically.
- Evidence a character that is beyond reproach.
- Be willing to agree, without reservation, to the Veritas Statement of Faith, Community Covenant and Lifestyle Statement.
- Be willing to teach face to face, on-site.
- Be able to inspire young people who come from various backgrounds and perspectives toward loving and following Jesus Christ.
- Demonstrate mastery in motivating and helping students pursue intellectual as well as spiritual growth.
Candidates desiring to be considered for this fulfilling and challenging position should email their resume, three professional references and three personal references to Donna Bentson.
Other Resources for Candidates