Veritas Christian Academy’s philosophy of education is the centerpiece of its foundation. It governs how and what is taught in the classroom, in the curriculum, in the programs, as well as what seeds are being planted and watered daily within the hearts, souls, and minds of the students. Our philosophy is expressed by the following principles:
- VCA’s goal is to encourage and assist students in understanding who they are in Christ and equipping them to stand in a fallen world. We believe that each person has been created in God’s image, with a unique identity, purpose, and talent. This academy is committed to helping students discover and develop their God-given talents.
- All instruction at VCA is based on a Biblical worldview. We believe all truth is God’s truth, and the Bible is the source of all that truth. No subject can be taught in the totality of its truth if God, the Creator, is ignored or denied.
- Love, service, and obedience are three main virtues that VCA seeks to instill in its students. A student’s love for God will guide his or her voluntary submission to God’s authority. We strive to promote virtue, leadership, and a strong life-long commitment to God, family, the Christian community, and country. Authority, compassion, and mutual respect are important principles we seek to uphold.
- We exist to assist parents and grand-parents in their God-given mandate to educate their children as stated in Deuteronomy 4:9 and Deuteronomy 6:6-9.
- We encourage active and responsible citizenship by teaching the true Christian heritage and principles upon which the United States of America was founded.
- Our teachers do not simply pass on knowledge, but mentor and disciple according to the Word of God. Knowledge alone can puff up and build pride until it becomes arrogance (1 Corinthians 8:1), but the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom (Psalms 111:10).